A feisty Coleshill side arrived to do battle at the Boro on a misty 10th January. Rangers struggled to shrug off the Christmas hangover as Coleshill threatened early on.

Rangers Danny Stevens had a shot saved by Coleshill keeper on 3 minutes against the run of play with Coleshill’s 11 being caught offside a minute later.
Rangers settled, centre back James Black popped a neat pass into Christian Blanchette on the right, Blanchette raced into Coleshill’s box unleashing a strike against Coleshill’s far post, Stevens picked up the rebound firing wide.
Coleshill’s no: 7 continued to cause problems for Rangers defence. Right back Adam Taylor quickly got to grips with the tricky winger sliding in with several brilliantly timed interventions.

The action continued at a frantic pace with Max Dixon chipping just wide on 14 minutes. A couple of minutes later Coleshill were awarded a free kick around 20 yards out. Coleshill’s no: 7 stepped up whipping a shot into the safe arms of Rangers keeper Craig Pain.
On 16 minutes Max Dixon switched to right wing with Christian Blanchette taking up central midfield. Minutes later Dixon broke down the right threading a fine pass to Danny Stevens to run on to. Stevens shot was saved by the keeper, Dixon picked up the loose ball and linked up with Lucas Burnett who buried a shot into Coleshill’s net.

Coleshill persisted, their mobile 7 whipping in a stinging shot forcing a good save from keeper Pain. The end to end action continued, Connor Baikie floating in an inviting corner only to be cleared by Coleshill. Shortly before the break Max Dixon danced through the Coleshill defence and cut a pass to Stevens whose shot was again saved by Coleshill’s now busy keeper. The resulting corner found the head of lofty Captain Connor Taylor who made no mistake making it 2 to Rangers. A few minutes later Stevens was fouled running at the Coleshill defence. Christian Blanchette floated the free kick into the Coleshill box finding the head of Connor Taylor for the second time in as many minutes, Taylor turned the header in for his second.

Half Time 3-0 Rangers.

The Second half saw the introduction of Charlie Baker in goal, hardworking Josh Moody having earned himself a break was replaced by a very mobile Josh Stack, Declan Arber came on for Danny Stevens and Alex Smith and Sam Jarvis replaced Connor Baikie and Max Dixon.
Second half continued in the same vein with both sides still going for the win. Coleshill held their heads high and continued to attack. 53 minutes saw a dangerous Coleshill corner cleared by Blanchette. A few minutes later Rangers earned a throw in following some great work from Tim Khayat on Rangers left. Christian Blanchette launched a long throw into Coleshill’s box finding Lucas Burnett who set up Declan Arber. Arber’s shot struck a defender, Alex Smith latched on to the rebound firing Rangers fourth passed the Coleshill keeper.
59 minutes saw a Rangers corner floated in by Blanchette, finding Connor Taylor at the back post, Taylor headed back across goal finding Alex Smith who headed in for his second. 5-0 Rangers.

Coleshill would not lie down, after a period of sustained pressure Coleshill’s talented no:10 intercepted a loose ball and raced forward to slot home past Baker in the Rangers goal to pull one back.
Rattled by the lapse in concentration Rangers responded. Charlie Baker launched one long which found its way to Declan Arber who tricked his way past the Coleshill defence before firing an unstoppable shot into the back of the net to make it 6-1 Rangers. A few minutes later Rangers won a corner which was floated in by Josh Stack, Alex Smith met the ball with his head to claim a hat trick
Not yet finished the reintroduced Max Dixon tripped past defenders on the right before slipping the ball unselfishly to Arber who coolly slotted in his second.

Final score Stafford Rangers 8 – 1 Coleshill.